Friday, April 22, 2011

Texas governor urges citizens to pray for rain.

 West Texas typically get's around 15 inches of rain per year but so far in the last 6 months they have only had 13 hundredths of an inch. That has resulted in numerous wild fires which have destroyed over 1.4 million acres in the state. Texas governor Rick Perry has called for Texans to pray for rain over the next 3 days. While I certainly cannot and will not argue with the power of prayer, It really caught my attn. My first thought was "Wow you really know that you're screwed when the governors best plan is ,PRAY!!!" While slightly humorous it is quite a serious situation in Texas and the governors call for prayer is brilliant in my opinion. I think it reminds people that with all of our technology and everything we are capable of doing there are still many things that are outside of our control. It pulls people togeather and brings attn to the situation that Texas is currently in. Let me know what you think about Governor Perry's call for prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment