Thursday, April 28, 2011

Deadly Tornado Outbreak in Southern U.S.

National Weather Service workers hadn't even had time to get out in the field to survey the damage from the previous days reported tornado's before another round of storms hit the southern U.S. Weds. had one of the largest tornado outbreaks in U.S. recorded history and could possibly surpass the 1974 tornado outbreak.

Usually I'm not exactly an avid Weather Channel follower but I must admit that I did tune in yesterday and what I saw was incredible. I watched as a tornado moved through northern Birmingham,Al. The storm was 17 miles away and already debris was falling out of the sky in Birmingham. I'm an avid Tornado Chasers watcher and had never saw anything like that before on there. I'm not saying it wasn't on there before, I just never saw it. And watching as the storm came through, although my heart went out to the people who were going through that, It was just awesome to watch. It really reminds us that no matter what we seem to be able to accomplish as human beings, mother nature has a way of putting us back in our place.

 It certainly wasn't just Birmingham, Al that was affected by the tornado outbreak in all 3 states declared states of emergency, Alabama, Mississippi, and Georgia. With a death toll of at least 173 according CNN.com and that number will be sure to rise.

No comments:

Post a Comment