Thursday, April 21, 2011

CVS pulls single serve alcohol from downtown Dayton store.

 Police had requested that CVS stop selling single cans and bottles in order to help stop public intoxication Downtown. According to Daytons News Source this has also been done in other metro area's including Columbus. The article didn't say whether or not it had any effect.

I really don't see how this would have much effect. If you're downtown buying a single can of steel reserve or god only knows what other horrible substance you've obviously made some poor life choices along the way and the fact that now you have to stay out and beg for money longer, so that you can afford a 6 pack will have little impact on your drinking habits. That's just my opinion but hey you never know it could change someone's life. Like here's the homeless guy going into the store to get his 40 ounce of Colt 45 and they don't have it anymore so he says to himself "Well dang, I guess it's time for rehab.". It could happen I guess. Anything is possible. In reality all I see them doing is walking a little further to the next store that will sell them what they want. Resulting in the problem being pushed out into the surrounding neighborhoods.

I do salute CVS for trying to make a difference though. I'm sure they'll lose some sales but they are trying anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment