Wednesday, April 20, 2011

AES buys DP&L

  I read tonight that a company called AES corp based in Arlington,Va. has purchased DPL which is DP&L's parent company. I wonder what this will do to our rates if anything. Apparently AES has over 11 million customers and just added another 500,000 from DP&L. AES already owns Indianapolis Power and Light. The Dayton Daily News reported that the DP&L Foundation which gives approx. 1.2 million a year to area organizations, was not part of the deal and will not be affected.

I on the other hand believe I am close to working out a deal with a crackhead to stand on my roof and fly a kite during a thunderstorm while holding a wire leading to a bunch of car batteries. If my plan works I should have a full summers worth of electricity for around two dollars.

No comments:

Post a Comment