Friday, May 6, 2011

Al-Qaeda Threat.

 Well we've killed Bin Ladin and now the reality seems to be setting in that there is still a threat to the United States. It's nothing that we didn't realize before, but for a few brief moments after we found out about Bin Ladins death it was almost as if we were able to forget. And then the reports started coming out about planned attacks on our railways and I'm sure that is just the start. We have no way of knowing for sure if a plan is already in place for something else.

 One thing that really worries me is that the American people will start to feel safe again. I know that sounds strange to worry about something that our nation is fighting so hard for, but I also know that the people of this nation have a way of forgetting our history. In the midst of a budget crisis, actions to hunt down terrorists could start to seem wasteful by some. And that my friend is when we will once again leave our door open.

No comments:

Post a Comment