Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Dayton, Ohio Police and Fire lower test requirements.

 I've noticed lately that the City of Dayton has been in the national news for lowering the testing requirements for it's officers and firefighters. It seems that the U.S. Dept of Justice felt like not enough African-Americans were passing the exam. This after the city already remade the test and lowered the scores. Now a recruit who get's a 58% can pass.

As a resident of Dayton I certainly don't feel any safer. I feel this is wrong on so many levels. First is public safety. The dept, of Justice feels like my family's safety and well being are less important than who gets a job and who doesn't?

Second if I were a minority in Dayton I would feel insulted that the Justice dept. thought I was essentially to stupid to pass a test..

Anyway I just wondered if anyone else had any other viewpoints on the issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment